NYC Marathon Long Training Run Program
Are you planning to run this years New York City Marathon but dread those loooong, solitary training runs that await you? Trust us; you're not alone if you anticipate those extra long runs with trepidation and uncertainty. In response to customer feedback of this nature we've developed a series of Long Training Runs scheduled specifically toward the NYC Marathon.
Starting at eight weeks out with our first long run we will meet every other week for a series of long runs of 18, 20, and 20 miles, all of which will be in Central Park. We'll round out the series the week before the race as we do the last 8-miles of the actual race course. This last 8-mile run will be staff supported with nutrition along the course.
We will have different pace "range" groups for all of our runs so that regardless of your individual pace, you will be sure to have others there to run with and motivate you from beginning to end. The schedule is as follows:
- September 15th - 18 miles, in Central Park
- September 29th - 20 miles
- October 13th - 20 miles, in Central Park OR (Grete's Great Gallop + 7 miles on the 14th)
- October 27th - last 8 miles of the race course (staff supported race course)
All Long Training Run participants are also invited to participate in the following program exclusive events:
- "Marathon Nutrition Workshop" with Brooke Paugh of Nutrition Energy www.nutritionenergy.com Tuesday, September 11th @ 8pm at the UWS Community Space
- "Injury Care & Prevention" with Sejal Vyas of MetroSports, PT www.metrosportspt.com Tuesday, September 18th @ 8pm at the UWS Community Space.
- "Pre-Race Lecture with Jonathan Cane" This covers everything you need to know and can expect on race day. Tuesday, October 30th at the UWS Community Space
Program registration does not include race entry into the NYC Marathon or Grete's Great Gallop. **While we are here to help you with your longest training runs these runs alone will not adequately prepare you for the marathon and you MUST be able to run 16 miles continuously at an 11 minute per mile pace or better by our first long run on September 15th.
Fee: $90 - Program registration does not include race registration
Date/Time: First long run is September 15th and all runs will begin at 7:30am. The class will meet rain or shine.
Coach: Jonathan Cane and staff
Where: Most runs will meet in Central Park just inside the West 72nd Street entrance near the Daniel Webster statue.
Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Doug at 212-727-2980